The head of Public Relations Unit, Ekow Vincent Assafuah, in a statement said that the Ministry of Education was to ensure the smooth running and implementation of the programme and other important initiatives geared towards fostering quality education.
It said that government has also supplied 40,000 mono desks, 13,145 bunk beds and 4,335 mattresses for Senior High Schools in the country in order to compensate for the infrastructural deficit and other challenges faced by students.
“Total fees payable by government for every Day Student enrolled under free SHS is GH¢ 648.47 and for Boarders GH¢ 1,004.27.
“These amounts have been duly taken care of by government for all the students under the programme,” it said.
Below is an itemization of the payments:
- Buffer – 151,762,918.99
- Other Payments – 147,735,945.13
- Core Textbooks – 85,156,982.72
- Teacher’s Notebook – 5,881,806.00
- Exercise Books – 5,561,802.90
- Supplementary Reader – 10,057,510.00
- P.E. Kits – 9,632,846.55
- Furniture – 65 million
- Uniforms, Cloths & House Dress – 48,864,908.36
- Meals 5,015,464.90