The damage was so devastating that students of the burnt dormitory had to perch with their colleagues in other dormitories.
According to close sources, by the time the National Fire Service stationed at Konongo arrived, the inferno had destroyed properties valued thousands of Ghana Cedis. It is not yet known the cause of the fire but reports suggest it may have occurred as result of faulty electrical gadgets being used by the students.
Konongo Odumase Senior High School is a coeducational second-cycle institution at Konongo-Odumase in the Asante-Akim Central District of the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
The School was established on the 23rd February, 1953 as the first second-cycle institution in the Asante-Akim area with twenty-one males and five females.
Former Ashanti Regional Minister, S. K Boafo was a student of Konongo Odumase Senior High School.
Last modified on Monday, 11 December 2017