COVID-19: Actor Idris Elba tested positive
- Tuesday, Mar 17 2020
Actor and Writer, Idrissa Akuna Elba OBE has revealed that he has tested positive for Covid-19.
In a video the actor has calmed his Followers on Twitter despite tested positive for the CONVID-19 pandemic this morning March 17, 2020.
The British-Sierra Leonean Actor who also doubles as a Producer and Musician was seen in a short video saying to his Followers not to panic and that he’s quarantining himself.
“It sucks… I’m doing OK,” The 47 year old Idris Elba said in a video shared to Twitter.
He said he took the test after realizing he’d been exposed to an infected person:
The actor, whose late father grew up in Sierra Leone and whose mother is from Ghana, said he has so far not displayed any symptoms.
He urged others to wash their hands regularly and maintain social distancing as preventative measures.
“We live in a divided world… but now is the time for thinking about each other… This is real,” he added.
“Stay positive, and don’t freak out.” He furthered.
Nana Yaw Citizain
Latest from Silveronline24.com
- COVID-19: Senior Minister Yaw Osafo Maafo tests positive
- EC dismisses three(3) officers over theft of registration forms
- GRIDCo staff member tests positive for coronavirus
- Athletics:Ghanaian sprinter Sean Sarfo shines in Italy
- COCOBOD to close down Accra offices temporarily after workers test positive for COVID-19