According to eye witnesses who spoke to SilverNEWS, the fire started while the welder was working on some electrical wires.
The fire is reported to have started around mid-morning Sunday, January 10, 2021 when most of the shops in the building were closed.
Victims of the incident lost thousands of cash in the inferno that destroyed the shops that are mainly warehouse for rubber and assorted goods described as highly flammable
Eyewitness reports also suggests that at least five fire tenders were on site to douse the fire and prevent the spread to nearby shops.
According to SilverNEWS reporter at the scene, the Personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) delayed a little bit but they were up to fight the fire that destroyed the top floor of a two-storey building near Aboabo station in the Ashanti Regional capital Kumasi.
Last modified on Monday, 11 January 2021