wrapper

Trending News

A six-year-old boy has been allegedly electrocuted at Anwomaso, a suburb of Kumasi in the Ashanti Region.

Maxwell Kwaku Tawiah is said to have been electrocuted while playing with his friends with the base of a metal pole of an outdoor television antenna connected to naked wires.

The incident occurred at about 4:00 p.m Wednesday May 27, 2020.

A woman in a nearby house who was attracted to the scene by the cry of the boy also received electric shocks when she attempted to rescue the deceased.
He was, however, pronounced dead on arrival at the Kumasi South Hospital after a referral from a local clinic.

The Assembly Member for the Anwomaso Electoral Area, Hon. Frank Frimpong speaking to Nana Ampratwum on the Omanbapa Show on Silver 98.3 FM said the matter has been reported to the Police and investigations are underway.

“The child was very weak when he was rescued and so we had to rush him to the Emena Hospital but he was later referred to the Kumasi South Hospital where the boy was pronounced dead.” Hon Frimpong lamented.

SilverNEWS / SilverFM /Ghana

Last modified on Friday, 29 May 2020

Leave a comment

Silver Fm Presenters

About Us

SilverOnline24.com is an online news portal.

We are accurate, fair and objective.

 

 

Silver FM Programmes

Has no content to show!