The Awards which comes with a digital summit and a corporate e-sports event among other activities seek to celebrate and recognise digital players in Ghana that are leveraging on digital innovations and inventions to impact society positively.
Speaking at the launch, Mr Foster Kofi Sam of ThirdEye Media, organisers of the awards said Africa’s digital space is all about collaborations and through the awards, they seek to push for the Free Trade Continental Agreement with governments and the private sector to make Africa a full-blown digital economy.
The awards through strategic partners would also train about one million youth in various digital skills and about 500,000 women in digital finance to make them employable as well as use technologies in transacting business
The awards is targeting individuals and companies operating within the digital space be it in the media, telecom among others.
Mr Foster Awintiti Akugri who represented Stanbic Bank’s business incubator said supporting Africa Digital Awards is part of the Bank’s plans to push for a bigger digital transformation for its customers in various African countries and they look forward to a great event in June.
The categories for the awards include:
1. Best News Portal
2. Best Use of Social Media
3. Online Editor of the Year
4. Entertainment Site of the Year
5. Digital Artiste of the Year
6. Best Digital Bank
7. Fintech Innovation of the Year
8. Most Outstanding Digital Financial Services
9. Best Banking App for Ghana
10. Best Telecom in Customer Service
11. Telecom of the Year
12. Best Digital Education Platform
13. Ecommerce Platform of the Year
14. Social Media Personality
15. Most Innovative AgriTech App
16. Best Use of Digital for Travel and Tourism
17. Best Innovation for Health
18. Best e-governance platform
The Africa Digital Awards Ghana edition is slated for 27th – 29th June 2019 with activities such as Ghana’s first Digital Summit, Corporate e-league and the Awards Night.